Wednesday, February 18, 2026
 
 
   
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
   
   

You can get e-magazine links on WhatsApp. Click here

TOP NEWS

McDonald's Jaipur outlet warned over reused oil, rotten tomatoes in food safety crackdown
Wednesday, 18 February, 2026, 08 : 00 AM [IST]
Our Bureau, Mumbai
A prominent McDonald’s outlet in Jaipur has been issued a regulatory warning by food safety officials after a surprise inspection uncovered serious hygiene and food safety violations, including the use of repeatedly reused cooking oil and the storage of rotten tomatoes, authorities said. 

Inspectors from the Rajasthan Food Safety Commissionerate conducted the check at the McDonald’s location in Gaurav Tower, Malviya Nagar, on February 9. During the visit, officials found about 40 litres of cooking oil that had been used well beyond safe limits and was deemed “extremely black and unusable.” This oil, used for frying French fries and other menu items, registered Total Polar Compound (TPC) levels of up to 31 % — significantly above the maximum safety threshold of 25 %, a measure that indicates oil degradation and potential health risks. 

In addition to the compromised oil, food safety teams discovered approximately 40 kg of rotten tomatoes stored in the outlet’s cold room. Both the tainted oil and spoiled produce were destroyed on the spot, and samples were sent for further laboratory testing. 

Health officials warned that oil with high TPC levels can produce harmful compounds linked to heart disease and other health issues when used for cooking, especially at frying temperatures around 150 °C. Dr Manish Mittal, Chief Medical Health Officer (Jaipur-II), emphasised the importance of proper food handling and compliance with safety norms. 

The outlet has been issued a compliance notice under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006, and given 14 days to rectify the violations or face stricter action. Regulators also stated they may inspect other McDonald’s restaurants in the city to ensure adherence to food safety standards. 

In response, a McDonald’s India spokesperson said the company is “fully cooperating with authorities,” asserting that it follows rigorous global and national food safety protocols. McDonald’s operates in northern and eastern India through franchise partner Connaught Plaza Restaurants. 
The incident has raised concerns among consumers and food safety advocates, highlighting the need for vigilant enforcement of hygiene practices even at globally recognised fast-food brands in India. 
 
Print Article Back
Post Your commentsPost Your Comment
* Name :
* Email :
  Website :
Comments :
   
   
Captcha :
 

 
 
 
 
Food and Beverage News ePaper
 
 
Interview
“We are confident of touching Rs 10,000 cr very soon”
Past News...
 
FORTHCOMING EVENTS
 

FNB NEWS SPECIALS
 
Advertise Here
 
Advertise Here



Home | About Us | Contact Us | Feedback | Disclaimer
Copyright © Food And Beverage News. All rights reserved.
Designed & Maintained by Saffron Media Pvt Ltd